System crash report - HP Victus (laptop)

Just happily doing my thing then screen dark. Had to hold power down and reboot.

Here is the link: ae56cc3

Unclear on whether or not to submit a “real” bug or just report here or … something else I ought to do?

thx!!

journalctl -b -1 | paste-cachyos. The log you’ve attached is from current boot which doesn’t show anything about the crash unfortunately.

How’s this?

<< q

Can you elaborate your thing? (steps to reproduce) as it looks like its a kernel page fault thats happening here.

yeah … this is where im going really make you mad :smile: : as far as i can remember, i believe i ran an update with octopi and then continued working and things just went dark.

i dont recall doing anything “exciting”.

so, i dont have any steps to replicate as basically this is just the 2nd time (the 1st i remember even less, except im pretty sure the black screen/crash also occurred post-octopi package updates).

so, i am quite happy to close this and use it as reference if it should happen again.

thx!! << q

Just happened again …but

TL;DR: it is only the laptop’s screen going dark. typed the necessary keys to start a terminal and the command to reboot and it did so so, the issue isnt a crash just screen going dark. any thoughts on kicking it awake?

here are my notes as i was waiting for the reboot:

1. screen just went dark.
  2. was in cachy-browser: google messages, switched to a yahoo mail table. screen went dark.
  3. did alt-enter, shutdown -r +1 and it rebooted so this means the system was running, just the laptop’s screen went dark.

other random things running:

a. ollama serve
b. code (OSS VSCode)
c. logseq for notetaking
d. lots of other browser windows, with multiple tabs

Just happened again; not really doing anything except browsing: laptop’s screen went dark.

this time just shut the lid and opened it back up and brought me to the login screen.

so, at least i dont have to reboot.