Straight up doesn't work

I installed it and chose Hyprland as Tiling Window Manager, then booted for the first time
→ Stuck in login screen
I installed it with Wayfire as Tiling Window Manager, then booted for the first time
→ Stuck in login screen

Trust me, I have been trying so much over the past 3 days.
While I do have an NVIDIA GPU and I know Linux and NVIDIA don’t exactly love each other, I expect you to at least tell me up-front that’s not an option.
[I am not even gonna ask for assistance since I’m ditching this OS right now.
I didn’t modify anything at all. Nothing here works and it’s not my fault.]
Really just disappointing.

[EDIT] Since many people want to help me even thougj I said I’m leaving this OS, I will try again. Genuinely, thank you guys so much for wanting to assist me, I’m really glad you are :smiley:

@ptr1337, the main dev, literally uses an Nvidia card. Whatever your issue is, it’s definitely not related to that.

What s your GPU @krepppa253 , it might also help.

Get an AMD card if you want a seamless Linux experience. NVIDIA on Linux is for hobbyists and tinkerers.

This is a PEBKAC error.

As an advanced Linux user*, you should take on the task of getting your system up and running. Giving up is the worst option.
*Hardly any Linux newbie starts with a window manager.
If you share relevant information about your system inxi -h, the appropriate solution will be found for you.

GeForce GT 710

I absolutely agree with you that I should get an AMD card. I’m planning on doing exactly that in like a month in the holidays when I have time to basically rebuild my PC (it’s an HP prebuilt) with my friend.
Though I do not a agree with that second part. When I bought this PC three years ago, I knew nothing about computers. Hell, I didn’t even know I would use Linix some day.

During my research, I found solutions related to GeForce GT 710/Arch Linux. But none of that helps because you can’t get past the login screen.

Do you see an option to switch from Wayland to x11 on the login screen? If so, try x11 if you haven’t already.

More information:

GT710 uses legacy drivers which doesn’t support wayland AFAIK. You need to use an X11 environment.

I can get in a TTY using ctrl + alt + F1. Right now I‘m in school, but I‘ll try in the evening (about 11 hours to go). But doesn‘t Hyprland require Wayland? Or is there something to make it work with X11?

hyprland is a wayland tiling compositor. Use something else for X11.

ig get integrated graphics it will preform better? (didnt wanna sound rude)

Found this thing called Hypr, which apparently works with xorg and the nouveau nvidia drivers. Sounds like a good Hyprland replacement for me, definitely gonna try that :slight_smile: