No wifi after update

I did an update of the system today and can not connect to internet since then. I am on macbook pro 11,1 with Broadcom-wl-dkms. Did not see any problems with the update.
I find this a bit strange.

womp

Really?! I thought I was the only one who was having this problem. Here let me give you a command to plug into your terminal that should resolve the problem for the time being, just note that this is a temporary solution, you will need to enter the command every time you reboot and login. Possibly even every time you login. Any how it has worked for me so far.

sudo systemctl start NetworkManager.service

As to what the problem is, a symlink might be broken somewhere, not sure where.

Mhm, broadcom-wl-dkms is normally just an AUR package. Does the compilation of the dkms package fails?

Issue appears toi gave been fixed in the latest version of Network Manager. I believe my hypothesis on it being a broken symlink may have turned out to be correct. It was not a driver problem, at least I don’t think it was. No it couldn’t have been a driver problem because NetworkManager would not work after using systemctl start command. In my case at least.

Hi!
Thanks for answers! I have been very puzzled over this! I can´t get my broadcom 4360 to work! Tried everything I could with iwctl but my broadcom can not scan for networks. Current conclusion: It´s broken! I found an old wifi-usb-dongle (netgear) and that worked right away! This does not seem to have anything to do with COS or Arch.

womp

Hello again!
After a reboot just now broadcom-4360 works again!! Never seen anything like this before! Really strange day!!

womp

The update to wpa_supplicant 2:2.11.2 has fixed it.

1 Like