Consider setting the CachyOS logo in GDM as default instead of the Arch logo

Right now it say Arch Linux, Endeavour set their own logo after the arch linux logo appeared a few weeks ago.

It would be nice to see the logo when GDM starts.

PS: can someone tell me where can I find the Cachy logos on the disk?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GDM#Login_screen_logo

1 Like

Yes, we know about that.

Generally, this would be pretty easy - but if there is a major update to gdm, and we are too slow, then people can not boot into their system, which would be quite odd.

The logo is bundled by CachyOS Hello - even tough you can find them also here:

Maybe we can do this with an .install via pacman. Let me look into. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why? I doubt that that setting a custom logo would prevent future versions of GDM to load. Since Arch has a logo set already it would come up there in testing first.

Maybe you can just set the logo in /etc/dconf ? I’m not sure how eOS did it, but it just appeared in place of the arch logo after an update

I have found the app logo already, I was looking for the one that also shows the distro name, the one that gets shown during boot.

Yes, we can change it as above and apply this via an .install. But this would depend on any package we put. If we compile a custom gdm that would also work.

Ill put the next days a package, but this will (likely) only affect new installations.

I have asked on the eOS forum Question about the GDM logo change with pacman - #3 by dalto - Gnome - EndeavourOS

Yes, I know that it would work like that but we have recently dropped our “cachyos-gnome-settings” from the netinstall to provide the default theming.

Ill look into integrating this, thanks.

1 Like