Can't put accent on letters

Hi, I’ve been having this problem since I installed Cachy for the first time and I didn’t find a way to fix it. When I try to accentuate letters when I’m writing in my native language, brazilian portuguese, I can’t accentuate vowel letters. What should be á, é, í, ó, ú and ã, õ becomes 'a, 'e, 'i, 'o, 'u and ~a, ~o and etc.

When I was shortly using Garuda Linux as my first OS before switching, I don’t remember having a problem with accentuation. I don’t know what’s the problem here.

Which desktop env you are using?

I’m using KDE Plasma 6.1.3.

hey @ptr1337. Do you have any updates in regards of how to fix my accentuation problem? I’m still having this problem.

I think that you already looked at Keyboards & Mousse App ! You might have to check keyboard layout parameters .

One ususlly do it during install, one might went over without noticing it.

Never mind. My ADHD brain finally kick in and I asked ChatGPT for solution. And the solution is to go to “Keyboard” > “Key Bindings” and search for “Position of Compose Key” and select whatever key you decide, sadly, there’s no “Shift” like on Windows so I went with “Left Ctrl” for now.

Edit: Just whole thread was kind of completely dumb. I could’ve just asked ChatGPT, but whatever.