CachyOS kernel - drm/amdgpu revert

Has this issue been reported to any of the Linux Kernel mailing lists? It seems big enough to warrant an official revert and/or rework, if it breaks this much.

Re: Kernel upstream commit a6ff969fe9cbf369e3cd0ac54261fec1122682ec - “drm/amdgpu: fix visible VRAM handling during faults”

I see this was mentioned here:

Hi,

We have reverted it for the 6.8 Kernel but it has been only built for linux-cachyos 6.8.9-3 in the repository.
This issue is reported to AMD and they know about this issue.

Ive also added a report to archlinux, so they maybe consider to revert it in their kernel, but so far no response.

@kode54

If youre on CachyOS, could you maybe test the latest 6.9 Kernel?
There seems to be a fix from AMD side and I didnt included it into our 6.9 Kernel, would be helpful to get feedback for the final release.

I’m actually mostly on vanilla Arch, but running the Cachy kernel. I could check that out later, but I run services from this machine, so I don’t like rebooting too often if I can help it. Also, I only had Resizable BAR disabled because my board defaulted to enabling CSM, which force disabled it. Thanks, Gigabyte.

I will possibly look into testing the 6.9 kernel with the official fix later, assuming AMD needs more testers to check it.