Cachyos is actually a great distro (my opinion on cachyos)

I love the control cachyos gives you combined with arch linux like i can install a desktop not offered by the installer(i tried Enlightenment,icewm and pantheon all in a vm and garauda doesnt have this ),I can choose systemd-boot and refind unlike many distros which use grub (i dont like grub), I also like the performance optimizations yes i can put them in regular arch but cachyos is much easier and everything is setup for you, And i love how cachyos is not that bloated, And last but not least i can access the arch package manager and aur without distrobox and its rlly convenient.

3 Likes

All very true.

The only “downside” for me thus far is it’s taken away the need to tweak everything obsessively to get the best performance. Instead of dopamine-reward inducing easy tweaks like compiling a custom kernel, I have to search and try and patch and figure out creative ways to eeke out meager gains, because the basic default cachyos kernel and almost all the major programs are already about as optimized as you can get.

CachyOS has stolen one of my main hobbies, and I love it.

2 Likes