Wireless Mouse not detected Plasma 6

I have had a G Pro Wireless for a couple weeks now, and yesterday I switched to a G Pro x Superlight, and I have a problem. When I try to check my battery state whether if it’s via upower --dump or the power management on the task bar, the mouse is not detected when it’s wireless. It works perfectly fine, hovewer. Piper doesn’t work either. The regular G Pro worked perfectly fine, and I kinda wish I could see my mouse’s power level without having to plug it into the pc.

I think thats a topic for bugzilla.kernel.org.

Piper doesn’t work either.

Piper uses libratbag to detect Mouses. You could try searching a issue related to your mouse, if it doesn’t exist, then create a issue (with detail and the necessary information)

You could also do this to find if libratbag supports your Mouse:

Using the Logitech Receiver

Use sudo dmesg -w, reconnect the Logitech Receiver (with the mouse powered on) and search for the ID inside the output of dmesg (pic related, highlighted in the terminal). Then just search for that ID in the libratbag repository:

https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Alibratbag%2Flibratbag+046D%3A407F&type=code

Connecting the Mouse via USB (easier)

Connect the mouse via USB and execute lsusb, you will get something like this:

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0951:16d2 Kingston Technology HX-KB4BL1-US [HYPERX Alloy FPS Pro]
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 054c:0ce6 Sony Corp. DualSense wireless controller (PS5)
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 046d:c08d Logitech, Inc. G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Just focus on the line that says your Mouse model, in my case is Logitech, Inc. G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse and then just copy the ID which in my case is 046d:c08d. Then search for 046d:c08d inside the libratbag repository.

https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Alibratbag%2Flibratbag+046d%3Ac08d&type=code

If the file for your mouse doesn’t exists on libratbag, you could try adding the device yourself if you want: Adding a device · libratbag/libratbag Wiki · GitHub

1 Like