Vulkan Issues? need help

Hello i’m new to the linux community and i do like your OS so much it is fast and easy to use but i don’t have enough knowledge to fix my issue

I’ve been playing my games so well on this OS but every emulation doesn’t work for example RPCS3 shows [Vulkan Device Enumeration Thread]
PCSX2 Hangs same for Duckstation
Steam has this weird bug that makes every tab working with a graphical glitch except for LIBRARY which is showing as inteded

i remember about 2 days ago i pressed remove orphans and CashyOS removed somethings that i don’t know what but whatever the OS has removed made my STEAM work as intended in everytab and also made every EMULATOR work

but when i went back to play another game like Batman some sounds were missing and then i pressed install gaming packages in the CashyOS hello menu and the problems came back again every EMU is not working and Steam Graphical Glitch came back

any help is appreciated

MSI x670 Gaming plus
7800x3d
RTX 4070
2x16GB Kingston 6000MT/s

Hi,

for the Steam Issue you simply need to resize the windows or disable Hardware Accel, this should help .

but when i went back to play another game like Batman some sounds were missing and then i pressed install gaming packages in the CashyOS hello menu and the problems came back again every EMU is not working and Steam Graphical Glitch came back

That is really weird, do you know, which packages got installed?

no idea that is why i’m asking for help and i don’t know how to get any logs for you to help me

and i do think this has something to do with duplicate dependencies or something

is there any code i can enter in terminal that can know if i have duplicates or old files that is conflicting with something else that is my only guess

i also forgot to mention that the flatpak version works normally but native ones don’t

RPCS3 Flatpak is not maintained but RPCS3 team and it is not updated and i had to use the APPIMAGE from their official website for the lateset version

same for the other 2 emulators they work in flatpak and that is my only workaround ATM

hi i would like to make an update and wishing for your help
today when a new update kicked off
Kwin
Nvidia

when it updated and before restarting the PC
RPCS3 didn’t show the vulkan error but after i restarted it came back

so my guess is that RPCS3 is reading too many vulkan drivers and i don’t know how to uninstall unnecessary ones or know if it is Kwin or Nvidia that is the cause of this

your help is appreciated
thanks in advance

i’ve reinstalled the OS from the beginning and what seems to cause this issue is when i install the gaming packages then installing NEMO file manage Nemo seems to break the OS to think that it has multiple Vulkan drivers and if i uninstall Nemo and its dependencies that were installed to fix the vulkan issue The whole CashyOS breaks

IDK what might cause something like that and i hope it is only a BUG

good sir if you are a dev in here look the solution that i posted

Thanks for notifying me! could it be, that it pulls in amdvlk?

if i nemo didn’t break my system i probably would have been able to share the screen shots of the dependencies that have been installed during this process

sorry that i can’t provide that since i stayed all night reinstalling CashyOS second time in a row after it killed my system

and no it didn’t install amdVLK