QML file not loaded on KDE Setting

Hi, on a new Cachy install from scratch I have this isse when I go to KDE Settings – Wifi & internet – Firewall i was unable to set firewall on because the windows showing a message:
Error loading QML File
and it say:
qrc:/kcm/kcm_firewall/main.qml:152 Type Kirigami.InlineMessage unavailable
file:///usr/lib/qt6/qml/org/kde/kirigami/InlineMessage.qml:63 Type KT.InlineMessage unavailable
qrc:/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami/templates/InlineMessage.qml:123 Cannot assign object of type “TP.IconPropertiesGroup” to property of type “IconPropertiesGroup_QMLTYPE_7*” as the former is neither the same as the latter nor a sub-class of it.

Some file not downloaded during online installation? How can I solve?
Thanks

Ill check.

does sudo pacman -Sy extra/kwin fixes it?

Its fixed :slight_smile:

Just do a sudo pacman -Syu

no, sadly a kwin update doesn’t fix the issue, I stil have the same error (even restarting my pc)

Maybe ranking the mirrors first?
sudo cachyos-rate-mirrors
sudo pacman -Syu

the bug issue is here its kinda fixed with the kwin patch but not fully mouce & trackpad will cause it to break

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=488326

ah thanks for the info, important is that the issue is know, it will be fixed 100% soon.
At the moment on my pc only firewall page is affected, I solve setting fw in terminal

1 Like

I can’t edit my post yet but,

Update the bug has been moved to here: 487904 – Stuff using Kirigami InlineMessage and PlaceholderMessage fail to load with error `Cannot assign object of type \"Action\" to property of type \"Action_QMLTYPE_72*\" as the former is neither the same as the latter nor a sub-class of it" ` there has been some more work done hopefully a fix out soon

The crash when returning to the Sound page is a different bug which is already fixed in Qt 6.7.2.

Should arrive soon. Arch has it currently in testing.

1 Like

I think this is a bug of some kind. I have noticed that if you close certain qt6 applications and open the system settings you will get that error on pretty much every tab of system settings. Generally if you just close the settings and wait a few seconds before reopening it and it should load properly.

Fix is on the way

1 Like