Problem with installing CachyOS from the latest ISO file

Hello. I have a problem installing CachyOS (I downloaded the latest ISO image from your website) and I can’t install it. I keep getting this error every time:
https://termbin.com/r47c
The same problem occurs on virtual machines.
When will this error be fixed? Or how can I fix it?
I live in Poland, maybe the Polish mirror, if you have one, is causing these issues?

Hi,

This is a quite annoying issue from the archlinux repository.
Here you can see the failures:

Package (1)             Old Version  New Version  Net Change  Download Size

core/archlinux-keyring  20240429-1   20240429-1     0.00 MiB       1.16 MiB

Total Download Size:   1.16 MiB
Total Installed Size:  1.66 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
:: Retrieving packages...
 archlinux-keyring-20240429-1-any downloading...
checking keyring...
checking package integrity...
error: archlinux-keyring: signature from "Christian Hesse <eworm@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/archlinux-keyring-20240429-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature

This means, that the mirror the keyring got fetched from has a corrupted packages, out of whatever reasons.
We will look into forcing one mirror, which is directly hosted by archlinux in the future. But this could result into slow download.

Anyways - just reboot and restart the installation. It will work then.

1 Like

It doesn’t work even when I restart the computer or virtual machine. Even if I create a new one, it’s the same. I’ve done this several times, and with the older CachyOS ISO, the problem was the same. I think, as you said, it should be slower with the downloading, but as a result, the installer would work for everyone. You’re losing many users because of this, as the system can’t be installed. I will wait patiently because I really like CachyOS :slight_smile:

Actually, I can not reproduce this issue. We also can not put this into the cache of the ISO, since the keyring does change.
Weve had some people which had this issue in the past, but this were resolved by restarting the installation process.

Could you please tell me more about your internet connection and where you come from?

i can try to build you a calamares, which forces just one mirror from arch, e.G geo.pkgbuild.com one.

I live in a country called Poland. My internet is fibre optic with a speed of 1 Gbps from the company Orange.

i just checked the shellprocess, and this is currently like that:

1. Install Archlinux Keyring (where it fails for you)
  2. Create the pacman-keyring (initiaize cachyos and archlinux keyring)
  3. update-mirrorlist

Could you please do following:

1. before the installation starts run: sudo cachyos-rate-mirrors
  2. Click Launch installer button
  3. proceed with installation

Maybe we need to move the mirror ranking before fetching the keyring from arch, since our keyring ranker does only put fully syncronized mirrors.

LMK, if it works.

1 Like

Ive also pushed here a little change, which does change the the order of this shellprocess.
Ill test it, before pushing it to live.

1 Like

I did what you said, but it didn’t work. Here is the link with the errors: https://termbin.com/3dlo

Okay, could you please reboot and then run following command. This applies above mentioned change.
Ive tested it in QEMU and locally on my rig and all went succesful:

sudo pacman -U https://archive.cachyos.org/calamares/cachyos-calamares-qt6-next-systemd-3.3.6-13-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
sudo -E dbus-launch calamares -D6
1 Like

This method worked, thank you. :smiley:

Great!

Its weird though, since the mirror where the package got fetched from, was directly a tier 1 mirror hosted by arch.
Glad that it works, ill push it live.

1 Like

I’m glad too! :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks again :>