Media not streaming

Not sure how to go about troubleshooting this… but I updated my system this morning using:

sudo pacman -Syu

And everything seemed fine. But now I can’t watch any sort of media regardless of what browser I use (ie: Youtube or Twitch). All videos seem to be in an indefinite load loop. This is happening to all browsers I install and run, regardless of any extensions installed.

Very new to CachyOS with limited Linux experience in general. But I wanted to get a sense of what I should be looking for to help resolve the issue.

Try to load the previous snapshot when the boot menu comes up and see if that fixes it. When you mean loop. Do you mean the sound plays but the video is frozen?

Could you provide us with some hardware specs? It is important to let us know what hardware you currently running the system on in order to provide a better answer.

Thanks to whoever answered to this thread. In the end, I just reinstalled cachy because I valued my time more than to keep trying to figure out the source of the issue.

Any system updates I perform through the cachyos hello startup window.

To give some insights; video and the video’s sound did not play.

7800x3d, 4070Ti Super, 64GB @5400mhz, 1TB ssd.

Did you make sure to install nvidia codecs? There are codecs packages that are exclusive to nvidia based hardware. I would also recommend you use the cachyos nvidia kernel as well. I can do some digging to see what nvidia stuff you might want to consider installing. As for the sound issue…yeah I do not know what would cause that in particular outside of the system loading the wrong audio output port.