I can't run appimage

I’m trying trying to run app image and I get this error:

lopen(): error loading libfuse.so.2

AppImages require FUSE to run.
You might still be able to extract the contents of this AppImage
if you run it with the --appimage-extract option.
See FUSE · AppImage/AppImageKit Wiki · GitHub
for more information

The problem here is that I was running this appimage the first time I installed the OS. I have to reinstall the OS because Kde broke and wouldn’t update in discover. So now in my second install in Cachy OS I’m getting this error. Also I tried to just update packages and nothing happen. I do get a warning in the terminal saying that i might be missing some firmware. I don’t why that is? I run:
Operating System: CachyOS Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 6.0.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.3.0
Qt Version: 6.7.1
Kernel Version: 6.9.4-2-cachyos (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 24 × 13th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Memory: 31.1 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name: Z790 AORUS ELITE AX

I’m stuck here because I don’t know how to install fuse2 or what ever. Should I just go back to Fedora?

Typically if not installed just keep clicking it and it should adventually install. If installed just keep clicking it’s launcher and it should adventually launch. I had this issue with Zoho Mail a good while back and after clicking it’s launcher 3 or 4 times it would finally run.

As for updating DO NOT ever use Discover. Update via the Terminal. GUI’s are great for seeing what updates are out there, but notorious for not properly finishing a update.

The only thing Discover is good for is updating theme components. Myself I have Bauh-Staging installed to see what updates are out there. Then I have Topgrade installed to do all the updates at once from the Terminal. If you go this route I reccomend installing yay and pikaur and remove paru if it’s installed, cause with either yay or pikaur it’s more straightforward to update the AUR apps you may have.

I have had the same problem, solved it by (aditional) installing fuse2 and python-fuse.

how will I know if there are any updates if you want me to use the terminal?

how do I install those? I tried looking for them and its a big rabbit hole I not willing go down on

I use Octopi, because i’m not one of the “commandline junkies”… :wink:

1 Like

OMFGawd did you actually read my post? AGAIN launch what ever GUI updater you prefer check updates. See what updates you havce and then launch terminal and preform your updates.

As for installing the apps if you don’t have yay installed install it using sudo pacman -S yay. Then use yay -S pikaur pacseek.

@herbk read my post. I’m no ternimal junkie, far from it but for updates you damn well bet I am. As for Octopi it doesn’t cover what Bauh does.

Hm, if Bauh is the better tool, why the OS don’t install it as default?

But don’t let us hijack the thread… :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only one hijacking the thread is you and you alone, but you knew that before making your last post.

Now to correct your statemt about the cpommand line. I’m big on GUI programs for most things, but I’m not AFRAID to use the terminal when it makes more sense, and updates is one of those thing it makes more sense to do from the command line.

Install the package pacman-contrib:

sudo pacman -S pacman-contrib

This will give you a tool called checkupdates.

Run checkudates in a terminal. This will check if there are any updates for your system for the packages that you have installed from the official repos (note not for AUR) without updating your system.

For updating the packages you have installed from the official repos run:

sudo pacman -Syu

If you have installed any packages from AUR, you will need a so called AUR-helper (yay, paru, pikaur etc.)

Use the search in Archlinux wiki to read more about pacman, AUR and much more:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/

Which is EXACTLY why I suggested Buah cause it will list ALL of the updates. If one wants to get a full list via the terminal I would suggest installing Topgrade. You can run it verbose and it will list all updates including Flatpak, Aur, Snap, etc. Then you can just enter topgrade and do the updates.

First update your system: sudo pacman -Syu

Now install fuse2: sudo pacman -S fuse2

This will install fuse2 and its dependencies.

Now run your appimage as you did before. If it is still not working post the output with the error message.

ok I was able to figure it out. Thank you

1 Like