Dualboot problem

Installed cachyos on HP-OMEN laptop with Windows. (secure boot disabled.) Installed with systemd-boot but can not boot into Windows 11. (I need Windows for work!) Windows /boot/efi is not on a separate partition. My knowledge of dual-booting is limited so I am in need of some hint(s).

womp

Can you boot via the BIOS Bootmgr?

No. When I try I get to systemd-boot but I have only 1 option: reboot.
Haven´t used Windows the last 15 years or so. (but now I am forced to at work and I can not have a computer with only Windows on!).
I can boot cachyos but via Refind but refind can not find Windows and Windows only have 2 partitions. (nr 1 is only 16mb! Can that be right?)

womp

I have come a little bit further now. I did a “partial” reinstall of Windows and now I have to boot into BIOS to be able to get to cachyos. (where I am now!). Should I try a “refind-install” what?

womp

Just noticed another little thing. After lid-open wireless is disabled and I have to reenable it manuallly.

womp

Did a “refind-install” and now refind can boot both cachyos and Windows. Systemd-boot can now boot Windows but not cachyos.
I am satisfied with this. Matter is solved.

womp

Was about to link you the video i made on youtube a few days ago. Not been monitoring forums past days, due to nightshift. Happy it worked out in the end. Or i would have sent you my video that has step by step torturial for dual boot with rEFInd.

1 Like