Can't install wineasio

Hey, I’m trying to get FL studio up and running with wineasio. I’ve read everything I can but nothing I’ve tried has solved my problem. I’m unable to make the file successfully. I have a feeling it has something to do with the version of wine that installs through cachyos but I’m not sure. I’ve tried making and installing it from AUR and also by downloading from the github page and trying the make 32 and make 64 commands, but every time I end up with the following error:

~/Downloads/wineasio-1.2.0
❯ make 32
make build ARCH=i386 M=32
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/username/Downloads/wineasio-1.2.0’
winegcc build32/asio.c.o build32/main.c.o build32/regsvr.c.o -shared -m32 -mnocygwin wineasio.dll.spec -L/usr/lib32/wine -L/usr/lib/wine -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/wine -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/wine-development -L/opt/wine-stable/lib -L/opt/wine-stable/lib/wine -L/opt/wine-stable/lib32 -L/opt/wine-stable/lib32/wine -L/opt/wine-staging/lib -L/opt/wine-staging/lib/wine -L/opt/wine-staging/lib32 -L/opt/wine-staging/lib32/wine -ljack
-lodbc32 -lole32 -lwinmm -luuid -o build32/wineasio32.dll.so
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libjack.so when searching for -ljack
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lodbc32: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lole32: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lwinmm: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libuuid.so when searching for -luuid
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ladvapi32: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luser32: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lwinecrt0: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lkernel32: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lntdll: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.so when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.a when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a when searching for -lc
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
winegcc: /usr/bin/gcc failed
make[1]: *** [Makefile.mk:110: build32/wineasio32.dll.so] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/username/Downloads/wineasio-1.2.0’
make: *** [Makefile:17: 32] Error 2

It gives the same error when trying the make 64 command. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it! Thanks :slight_smile:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wineasio

Exactly the same error trying to install from this too.

/usr/sbin/ld: cannot find -lodbc32: No such file or directory

there is a missing dependecy. You should check the upstream repository, which dependecy is missing or report it to the AUR maintainer.

For Fl studio just use it in lutris install it as you are installing a new game , it worked for me ( some glitchs ) but for vsts it runs at first then it crashs so am switching totally to ardour always good to learn something new and ardour honestly seems that have more things then fl or abelton which i spent 3+ years between those DAW. ( i know it sounds alot but just learn ardour and for vsts use yabridge )

The problem is not with fl studio. I have it up and running just fine but the latency is too high to record guitar etc while monitoring. Wineasio should fix that and it seems impossible to install on cachyos which is the problem.

Did you managed to get vsts working !

Yep! I literally just downloaded the installer and ran the exe from my downloads folder. I then dragged in all my vst folders from my old Windows install into the wine prefix folder and they just work.