CachyOS August 2024 Release Changelog

Yea sadly it looks like raytracing performance is broken on linux. (-40% vs windows)

For some unknown reason this latest update for handheld when I fresh install it to my Steam deck LCD it just flashes the screen after starting up after install. Any fix?

There s 1 or 2 threads about handheld issues in the forum, maybe you can find a solution to your issues @SolusX

Ive pushed a little update. Would you mind to recheck?

I have also forwarded the reports to Nekoh, which will take a look soon (different time zone)

Just tried it still doing the same flashing blank screen

We are narrowing down right now. So far at first analysis, it appears that the recent update of steam, makes it completly crash.

e.g:
this update Switch packaging source to archive of the apt repo (8ec83746) · Commits · Arch Linux / Packaging / Packages / steam · GitLab

But we are investigating further.

The issue should be now fixed and the fix is synced to all mirrors. Please retest.

Yeah it’s Fixed, awesome Thanks.

And deepin? Cosmic is arrived. But when will we have deepin to choose on cachy os?

I will look into.

Deepin somewhat still uses Kwin 6, which is really outdated. There I just feel blocked to really want to provide that.

1 Like

It seems very fair to me.